This Recent Visitors gadget for Blogger, displays the recent Google friend connect members who visited your site (recently).
1. Goto the Layout page of your blog.
2. Click on “Add a Gadget”
3. Search for “Recent Visitors”
3. Click on the above shown gadget title.
4. Configure the gadget and save.
How to add this gadget for non-Blogger sites?
1. Login to Google Friend connect, and select the site you want to add the gadget to.
2. Click on “Gadgets”
3. Click “Add Gadget by URL” link at the bottom.
4. Give the gadget url as http://xmlgadgets.com/ig/recent.xml
5. Customize the gadget
6. Click “Generate Code” under “Create the HTML code”
7. Copy the code, add it to your site, Start using “Recent Visitors” gadget !!!
I had taken Eiji’s Footprint gadget as a base, and modified the logic for identifying the recent visitors.
This gadget doesn’t store the Timestamp of the visitors. Instead it keeps track of a number, which each recent visitor gets assigned (that is always higher than the second recent visitor who visited the site).
(The Timestamp tracking method fails in few cases, when the visitors have a wrong time in their Computers. And also in the cases when visitors come from different time zones.)
Please provide your valuable feedback/suggestion by commenting, which will be useful for improving the gadget.